Website Dose Biosystems
The Postdoctoral Researcher, Probiotics & Microbiology is responsible for supporting Research Scientists in their research and development of products that manage the microbiome. Candidates will be required to have a strong background in Microbiology or Biochemistry, with an emphasis on Microbial Genetics or Microbial Protein/Metabolite research. Candidates should possess a strong translational focus and be passionately committed to driving innovative technologies from the lab bench to the benefit of consumers.
This is a Mitacs Postdoctoral Fellowship with Dose Biosystems, a Toronto-based biotechnology start up. The length of this contract is 1-Year with successful completion leading to a full-time role with the company.
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your Cover Letter, please provide a brief summary of why you would be a strong fit for this position. Only candidates from within the United States and Canada will be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Microbial Ecology, Bio-Chemistry or Bio-Engineering related fields
- Expertise in Bacteriology with an Emphasis on Host-Microbiome Interactions
- Expertise in Synthetic Biology with a Strong Emphasis on Probiotic Research
- Experience with Anaerobic Bacterial Culturing
- Expertise in Bacterial Genetics and Cloning
- Experience with Next-Generation Sequencing (Illumina) of Whole Bacterial Genomes
- Experience in Generation of High Throughput Libraries (Phage Display, Peptide Libraries, etc)
- Experience with Isolation and Analysis of Bacterial Proteins and Metabolites
- Experience with MS/HPLC/LC-MS
- Experience with Molecular Biology, including PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR
- Experience with Bacterial Expression Systems and Bacterial Fermentation
- Experience in the Development of Probiotics or API Fermentation is Considered an Asset
- Experience Working with Mice Models is an Asset
- Experience with Clinical Trials is Considered an Asset
- Drive for Results: Sets high standards, tenaciously works to meet timelines and derives satisfaction from continuous improvement.
- Relationship Management: Establishes and builds healthy working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Written & Spoken Communications: Presents information appropriately to a diverse range of audiences and influences team decisions.
- Build & Maintain Teams: Encourages, participates and leads both individuals and the team in learning and development.
- Strategy Execution: Develops goals, ideas and initiatives that support organizational lower costs, and innovative thinking.
About the Company:
Never heard of Dose? We’re a biotech start up comprised of scientists, technologists and brand builders who’ve come together to revolutionize microbiome products. We’re a small but mighty team – always on the lookout for people who can share our vision. Aside from great people and a sweet downtown Toronto location, we offer opportunities to give back to the community while operating sustainably.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com