Website Hexagon Bio
We turn nature’s DNA into medicines.
As a Research Associate on the Drug Discovery team at Hexagon Bio, you will collaborate with innovative scientists to design and execute biochemical screening assays to evaluate novel small molecules and contribute to mechanism-of-action studies. You will document, analyze, interpret experiments and present your results within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Work closely with senior scientists to develop and perform biochemical assays to support early stage drug discovery programs
- Cultivate microorganisms, express recombinant proteins, and perform enzyme activity tests
- Assist in the development of assays to study ligand-target interactions
- Keep accurate and meticulous records of experimental details and results
- Write reports and SOPs
- Manage, organize and support lab operations
- B.S. or higher in biochemistry, chemical biology, chemistry or related field
- 1+ years of academic and/or industry laboratory research experience
- Proficiency in protein biochemistry and enzymology
- Experience with recombinant protein production in bacteria
- Experience designing biochemical assays and characterizing enzymes
- Familiar with analytical techniques including HPLC, UV-Vis spectroscopy and LC-MS
- Good grasp of chemistry and comfort working with organic reagents
- Strong interest and/or experience in drug discovery
- Ability to maintain a safe and efficient workplace, follow safe lab practices, keep diligent records, and write reports and SOPs as needed
- Excellent collaboration and communication (written and oral) skills
- The energy and flexibility to work in a highly dynamic environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience with recombinant protein production in eukaryotic hosts
- Knowledge of mechanism-of-inhibition studies and steady-state kinetics
- Knowledge of biophysical techniques (FP, SPR, ITC) to characterize ligand-target interactions
Hexagon Bio is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
To apply for this job please visit www.hexagonbio.com.