Website Hexagon Bio
We turn nature’s DNA into medicines.
We are looking to add a cancer biologist to our growing drug discovery team. As one of the earliest members of this team, you will play a key role in our oncology target identification and validation efforts. You will lead target programs and will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to identify and prioritize new target candidates and novel small molecule opportunities that come from our proprietary genomics based natural product platform. You will design, implement, document and present your scientific findings.
- PhD in biology or related discipline required
- Demonstrated expertise in cancer biology and a strong understanding of target identification and validation
- Expertise in cancer metabolism, protein degradation, cell cycle, and/or cell signaling
- Track record of innovation as demonstrated by publication in peer reviewed journals
- Understanding of targeted therapies and their resistance mechanisms desired
- Understanding of the current competitive landscape of oncology drugs
- Cancer pharmacology experience with in vivo PK/PD and efficacy models is a plus
- Experience managing external collaborations and contract research organizations is desired
- Biopharmaceutical experience in drug discovery is a plus
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to build transparent and collaborative relationships across the company
- Exceptional interpersonal and management skills that foster collaboration, teamwork, scientific excellence and rigorous innovation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org